Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Garrison Recovery: Day Two

Garrison's report continues to be baffling. His blood-gas levels look good, now not so good...his temp is OK, now he has a fever...his white cell count is up...his breathing is shallow and too quick...he wants to eat really bad!...he's strong enough to push himself up...!!
It just leaves you drained because you're trying to figure it all out. I want to understand and do something about it, but...guess I'm not in charge.
Treatment options/diagnoses are being thrown around:
  • ...will possibly need to go on a ventilator.
  • ...tomorrow, we will check his heart to make sure that's not the problem.
  • ...his spinal tap results showed no IMMEDIATE cause for concern, but we need to wait for the cultures to grow for 48 to 72 hours.
  • ...other cultures for bacteria are showing nothing.
  • ...chest x-rays are clear.
  • ...it could just be he needs to work out some fluid, and some babies take 3 days to do that.

So there it is...you now know as much as we do!!!
We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming.

If you're wondering about visiting: Right now we are welcoming people to come and visit Tracy, but we'd like to start limiting Garrison's exposure to others. TRUST US, we would LOVE to be passing him around right now!!!

Please pray for the hospital staff as they continue to work on him. They have been wonderful to us so far, and we know they're doing their best. Pray that they will catch something or think about another possibility. Pray that Garrison keeps his strength up.

No comments: