Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Wish I Was a Better...

Have you ever desired some traits you saw in someone else? I seem to be plagued with this affliction. Just recently, I was asked to speak at a youth rally. I found myself wishing I was funnier, especially while delivering a devo thought.
You see, my speaking style is pretty serious. I tend to get really passionate when I talk. Oh sure, I crack a few jokes here and there, but I'm no Larry the Cable Guy.

This passage in Romans 9 really speaks to me:

20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' " 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

My point here is not to discuss "the best" speaking style. I've heard people say they have been encouraged by funny sermons, and by those that are a little more serious.
The point is that God can use you (and me) despite what WE think we lack. There is always room for improvement, but take some time to rejoice in who you are. God made you that way!

No comments: