Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day??


How "independent" are you?

We celebrated our "independence" yesterday, and it got me thinking, "Am I really independent? Do I WANT to be independent?"

Think about it, what kinds of things are you dependent on?
  • Internet?
  • Phones?
  • Transportation?
  • Money? A job?
  • A friend? Family member? A boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Don't get me wrong, I love celebrating the Fourth of July!

But maybe it's time I get honest and celebrate "Dependence Day!" I NEED friends! I NEED family! I NEED relationships! And most of all, I NEED a relationship with God! Without Him, there is no "color" in life...no joy. There is no hope or enjoyment of other blessings. If I don't have a relationship with Him, I have nothing!

I think I'm going to declare EVERY Sunday "Dependence Day!" What do you say...wanna do it with me?

I love this verse...
Lam 3:24 Deep in my heart I say, "The LORD is all I need; I can depend on him!" (CEV)

No comments: