Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Standing Right In Front of You

We had an awesome time with some friends of ours last night. They are great about listening to our rants and raves, encouraging us, and especially making us laugh when we need it most!
The funny thing is, I've been here for over five years and always complained about not having close friends! I guess sometimes the biggest blessings in life are standing right in front of you.

God, help me to notice the blessings in my life! When I have a negative attitude, open my eyes to see the positive stuff all around me. And thank you for great friends.

What are some blessings that stand right in front of you? Or...

Why do you love your friends so much?

God bless you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Frankie poo!!

Anonymous said...

lol Tracy called you Frankie...

Abbie's Daddy said...

I agree about having friends right in front of you. We just had some friends over tonight and we have only just become friends even though we have known them for years. It is so hard to get past our own insecurities and become vulnerable enough to open up to others. But the benefits far outweigh possible drawbacks. I am disappointed in myself for not stepping forward sooner to make new friends. I must work on that in the future.

Franklin Wood said...

Thanks Abbie's Daddy! I'm guilty of not "stepping up" too. It IS hard to open up to others, but that is EXACTLY what being a family of God is all about!