Monday, February 13, 2006

I Died Yesterday

My name is Franklin Wood. I died yesterday.

I died when I wanted to sleep in, but went to praise God anyway. I died when I gave up my whole day to mentor teenagers and set up for a youth rally. I died when I wanted to give up (when my singing voice died), but I persevered. I died when I wanted to yell at some people for not supporting me, but I loved on them instead.

See, I didn't die physically, I just put my old self to death.

Did you know that we are supposed to die every day?

"For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin - because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him." Romans 6:6-7

I'm not perfect...never will be as long as I live. I've got a lot of dying to do...a lot of old habits and temptations to bury. The best I can do is try to share in Christ's story (DIE to my old self, BURY my sinful self, and RISE AGAIN as a new person in Christ!)

How about you? What part of your "old self" needs to die? What old habits do you need to crucify? Have you died lately?

No comments: