Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

"Good morning, class!"
I am so thankful for teachers! Many times, these folks use their own money to pay for class materials. They genuinely care for other people's children.
I remember my teachers in Africa, who would swat the children who snickered when I attempted to read in Chitonga (the local language.) They would smile at me and urge me to keep trying.
I remember falling in love with Creative Writing in high school because of a gentle lady that spoke about writing with a gleam in her eye.
I remember Dr. Geiger, who taught us Greek...he taught us to enjoy it as well as study it.
I remember Dr. North, who just made everything in the Bible so understandable!
I remember Dr. Baird, who challenged me to memorize more Bible than I thought I could cram in my brain!
There are so many more. So many Sunday School teachers and grade school teachers that I haven't mentioned.
In my opinion, teachers should be paid more than movie stars and professional athletes. But maybe that's just me...

No comments: