Monday, November 03, 2008

Teaching Teens Work Skills

Our electronic society is a huge blessing for youth ministry. Most of the work can be done by emailing instead of making tiring amounts of phone calls. Calendars can be produced with clipart on them without going through multiple stages of print.
However, not everyone has email yet!
For our youth rally, I recently asked teens to help me with a few projects. One project was addressing envelopes to our members who will be housing out-of-town teens. So, I was a little confused when one of the teens asked what we were doing.
To show them an example, I went over to one of our girls, who had already addressed an envelope. As I picked it up, I noticed she had written the address in the upper right-hand corner where the stamp goes!!!
While we laughed, another girl said, "We don't know how to do this...we email and text people!"

No comments: