Monday, April 03, 2006

What's Next?

Yesterday was perhaps the longest day of my life...
It was sad as I began by telling the teens in my youth group that I would be searching for another job. Several of them were visibly shaken and a few were downright mad. I know our elders had to make a tough decision about the youth ministry here, and I hope the church can accept it.
The church embraced us and assured us that they appreciated our work in Ponca City. We have such a loving church family here. It will be hard to leave them! I pray that this congregation can grow again. Maybe one day they will be able to support a full-time youth minister again.
We were reminiscing with one of our teens and a college student who used to be in our youth group. There are so many good stories we will take from here. Some have resurfaced, so I may blog about them in the next few days if I find some time!
Until then, continued prayers for direction are appreciated. Where will God lead us next?!
Grace and Peace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for your work in Ponca what youve done for me and other people! You guys are in my prayers!
Matt

Anonymous said...

Anything we can do to help you in the ministry search, let us know. We are blessed to call you our friends. You have touched many lives and made a real difference. I continue to keep in touch with my youth minister from Sylvan Hills... and I'm 35 years old.

James & Dannielle

Anonymous said...

we will miss you Franklin we all love you
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Nikki