Thursday, May 21, 2009

The In-Laws

Today I am thankful for my parents-in-law. They are staying with us this week. My mother-in-law is always willing to help watch the kids. She has a genuine concern for other people and prays every night for many. Oh yeah, her cooking is phenomenal (after this post, I'm headed for the chocolate meringue pie in the fridge!)
My father-in-law is the hardest worker I know. His family yells at him to stop and rest constantly. This week he has mowed my front yard, cooked pork chops on the grill and helped us install a retaining wall on the side of our house. I also enjoy our little on-going golf competition. So far, the best I've done is tie him. This week, he beat me by four strokes.
Great times with great people. Not everyone enjoys their in-laws!

No comments: