Sunday, December 31, 2006

Random Thoughts

"It's a good thing I didn't eat lunch today."
"Why do you say that?" asked my father-in-law.
"Because if I had eaten lunch, I would have lost it during that movie!"

That movie was Apocalypto. I was really wanting to watch an action movie, but not necessarily a gory one! This one had SO much blood and guts I literally felt sick for most of it! The most disgusting parts had to do with human sacrifice. During these scenes I was thinking, "Those people really need Jesus." Not just the ones who were sacrificing, but the ones who were facing losing their lives. I am SO glad I serve a God who does not require the killing of others to appease Him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way back from Michigan, we stayed at the Amana Colonies in Iowa. First, Iowa is prettier than Illinois. Secondly, I would REALLY suggest visiting this place!! It is an old German community with lots of old German charm. We ate at Colony Inn and it has the BEST cottage cheese (I know..weird, huh?!) and sauerkraut (sweet AND sour sauerkraut!) I had the wurst plate (bratwurst, knackwurst and cheddarwurst) and it was awesome. I also got to sample some kind of dumpling and pork shanks.
We stayed in the special Holiday Inn, complete with waterpark! I'm sure we will be headed back there when Fischer is older!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to shovel snow today from my driveway and sidewalks. The forecaster only predicted one inch accumulation because of warm ground temps, but we've got at least five or six.
My back and legs hurt real bad!

No comments: