Monday, September 11, 2006

Follow Me


It was great to see friends at the Cowboy Youth Festival in Stillwater, OK this past weekend! Thank you all for coming to visit!

The theme was "Follow Me" and it was a very compelling topic. We received bracelets that had footprints running the length of them with the words "Follow Me" and the theme verse (John 10:27.) After examining the footprints for a few minutes, I realized something strange about them...the footprints had holes in them!

Surely this was a mistake! Maybe the template wasn't picking up paint in the right spot. Maybe the bracelets got scraped.

Or maybe it was exactly the way it was meant to be.

When I stopped to think about it, those are the footprints I need to follow. I don't follow popular footprints, or the best-looking footprints. I don't follow well-manicured footprints.
I follow some of the dirtiest, ugliest footprints around! Feet that walked many miles. Feet that stood near leprous feet. Feet with bloody nailprints. I follow the feet of Jesus Christ.

No comments: