Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Next Wood Baby...

My wife is due September 19th.
She went in for an ultrasound and doctor visit today. Our son is already like 6 and 1/2 pounds!!!
The doctor told my wife he thinks we will be spending some time in the NICU. Her blood sugars have been high (gestational diabetes) which means her body does not break down sugars very well, and so she has been sharing a high sugar blood concoction with our son. That must be why he is so huge!
Because of this, he will probably be born and then tank as far as blood sugars are concerned. Until his body straightens itself out. Doctor also says we will probably need to have him early. So instead of September 19th, it will probably be in between September 5th and 12th.

Great.
I've had enough of NICU. I hate it. Especially when I'm watching my own kids in there.
I told my wife we're done. I know she would love to have a baby girl. I would too!
I just don't know if my heart can take another tough pregnancy and possibly another baby in NICU.

1 comment:

Todd Brumley said...

Hand in there buddy. There will be many prayers going up your way from down here in Oklahoma. Do your best to make it as easy as possible for your existing kids and your awesome wife. Love ya man!

Proverbs 3:5-6