Sunday, December 14, 2008

12 Days of Carols: Day 12

Alas, we have come to the end of the list. Jim, I know you've been excited to find out my #1 pick, so here you go!
"Welcome To Our World" is the most beautiful Christmas song I have ever heard.
It starts by innocently welcoming Jesus, and then takes you to the realization of where His life will ultimately lead.
The last verses are SO powerful for me:
Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born
Unto us is born

So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy
Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God

Welcome To Our World

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love that song, too! I only learned of it a couple of years ago; we sang it for the Christmas program at the church in Antioch.

This year, I get to hear my daughter's high school choir sing it... tomorrow night!! Woot!

carrie said...

I love this song. I have enjoyed your countdown.