Thursday, June 14, 2007

VBS: First Night

Sorry it's been so long...I guess life has been busy, but boring (can those words go together?)

Vacation Bible School was great tonight! Here are some highlights...
  • Troy Thornton soaking up a hug from a little girl after he sang about what she was most thankful for.
  • Two churches uniting to do something in the name of Christ (Omaha Church of Christ joined us this evening, and they are GREAT folks!!!)
  • Tootsie Rolls (the fat ones, not the little skinny ones!)
  • Getting hugs and high fives at the end.
  • One of Southwest's little boys came up after our "Bring a Friend Challenge" and declared, "Tomorrow morning, I am going to wake up, pass out flyers all morning, and then collect food for the homeless. And if anyone is scared, I will give them my stuffed animals."
  • 50+ kids getting extra love and attention from God-loving adults.
  • Jesus smiling as He was adored by young hearts.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Seeing Troy with the kids gets to me, too. I didn't even get to see it, and I'm tearing up! I remember the last VBS we did with Troy and Rhonda; it was great.

Tracy said...

Are you implying that life with me is boring?