Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Waiting Stinks!

OK...I promised I would write about our new son, Fischer. I got here and realized I had left my notebook at home!
However, I jotted this down the night before Fischer was born...enjoy!

9:25 P.M.
August 9, 2005

We are sitting here awaiting the birth of our son. Worry and joy are flooding through my heart, but joy is dominating. Being a Christian helps…knowing He’s in control. It’s so awesome to know God, and to know that He is the best doctor in the world!
Even here, amid lights and beeps, I.V.’s and wires…even here, I can feel His presence. Maybe it’s because I sense LIFE here…a small life formed by the hands of God, about to enter into the world.
Or maybe it’s because you can sense a spirit of caring in the hospital. Caring…one of the positive traits that God implanted in the hearts of men and women. Caring…healing…one of Jesus’ main purposes while here on earth.
I’m sure I can sense God because of all these, but also simply because He IS here in person! Jesus promised that He would be with me always...I believe Him!

If I go to “work” at the church building, He is there! If I go to play golf, He is there! If I go home to enjoy a quiet night with my wife (not any more!), He is there! And, if I go to the hospital to have a baby boy, He is there! What a comfort!

No comments: