Sunday, December 13, 2009

Community Sandwich

I'm so glad I decided to get a footlong sandwich at Subway tonight...
Arriving at home, I came up the stairs to a naked 1-year old, whom I scooped into my arms. He had escaped Momma's grasp after the bath, leaving the towel on the floor and streaking though our house.
The four year old was also naked, but wrapped in towel, hiding from me.
Two minutes later I sat down to eat my sandwich and IMMEDIATELY had two extra mouths to feed. TOGETHER we savored every bite of the Cold Cut Sandwich.
Was I upset that I had to share? Not one bit.
This does not mean I'm perfect. I've told them more than once to get their own food.
But tonight was perfect. Sharing a community sandwich reminded me that my "stuff" is not mine. God never intended it to be.
How cool would it be if I could share that way (and that deeply) with other people?

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm ready to share with those two little guys. Can't wait to see you.

My heart needs softening sometimes when it comes to sharing.