Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Firsts

This summer has had a lot of "firsts" for me.

First time to deal with death within our church's youth group.
First time having an intern. Ugh! Why did I sign up for THAT?! Just kidding, Brent!
First time where my wife's pregnancy is going pretty well. (Last time she was bedridden at this point! Go Tracy!)
First time to shoot under 100 in golf! (Unless you count those par 3 courses!)
First signs of the "terrible twos" in Fischer. Grrrrr...

But, I'll tell you what's NOT a first time experience...I'm TIRED at the end of this summer! Summers are the most INCREDIBLE times of youth ministry, filled with fun moments and times of extreme spiritual growth. The teens have free time to actually spend with their ole youth minister! Rock band, summer blockbusters, church camp, late nights where you stay up laughing...
But it's tiring as well. So, thanks for being patient with me during my little hiatus. I'll try to post a little more regularly in coming weeks.
Love you all.

No comments: