Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day at the Lake

"Well, looks like you named 'im right," said my uncle Harold, mumbling around the cigarette in his mouth.

Fischer had just reeled in his second fish before anyone else even caught one! That is a successful first fishing trip for a two-year old. He loved going out on the boat, too. If you ask him, he'll tell you, "I caught five fish...two keepers!" And we only went out for an hour or so!


I have always hoped that Fischer would enjoy going to Lake Eufala just like his dad. So many adventures and good fishing stories from out there. It was fun to recapture the wonder through young eyes.


We ended up catching about 75 keepers (sandbass, crappie) the three nights I was there.


Now, to convince my wife to try cooking them up for us!!

No comments: