Saturday, December 01, 2007

Bye Bye NaNoWriMo

Alas, NaNoWriMo is over. I have ended with 36,068 words. In Microsoft Word, that's 98 pages. Part of me feels like a failure for not getting the 50K words, but another part of me says, "Hey, if you hadn't done this, you would not have 36,000 words written right now!"
Sometimes we judge people by their results rather than the fact that they tried. I know Jesus said, "By their fruits you will know them" but how big and juicy do those fruits have to be? I wonder if we put undue pressure on ourselves and on others to put in perfect performances and to feel bad if we don't hit our mark.
I'm just glad I went through the experience. Thanks, Tracy for being understanding and supporting. I know this was a difficult month and you saw me very little. Thanks to Jeremy for checking in on me and encouraging me.

I am currently in the metropolis of Blackwell, OK. I had a great trip, but now that I'm here I am a little nervous. They have me speaking at a youth rally about prayer.
#1 - What do I know about prayer? (very little! I have much to learn!)
#2 - How do you speak to teens about this vast and deep subject? (I guess maybe I should ask God to put words in my mouth!)
Please pray for me.

1 comment:

One Observationist said...

Hey man - you're missing out on some beautiful weather here in Omaha!

Good job on nano. Are you going to finish the novel you started?

Prayer - the only thing I know about it is that it is key to having a personal relationship with God.

Missed you at services today. It kind of seemed off a little bit. Don't know why. Looking forward to talking with you when you get back.

Jeremy